Follow Me On Twitter

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Transablism in the Reverse?

An article I wrote, titled "transablism in the Reverse" was recently published on Transabled.org.
In the article, I explore how the concept of transness can apply to disability, and I describe the mismatch between my sighted brain and blind body. Typically, transability is used to refer to people without disabilities who feel that they need them, but I argue that it can be applied to people with disabilities, who, for whatever reason, form an internal representation of themselves as an able-bodied person. This is not an academic post,  but I am hoping that it can be used to generate  curiosity and  dialog. I am aware that some of the statements I make are controversial, and I appologize in advance if what I wrote is triggering or off-putting to anyone. The post can be found here:
http://transabled.org/thoughts/other-thoughts/tasha-thoughts/transablism-in-the-reverse.htm#more-7892
Please feel free to share it with anyone who would be interested.
Thanks,
Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment